Emraan Hashmi is an Indian actor. He is best known for his portrayal in the films Murder, Zahara, and Aashiq Banaya Aapne. Emraan Hashmi is also called Bollywood’s “serial kisser”. So friends, today we will get to know some interesting facts related to his life.
Emraan Hashmi was born on 24 March 1979 in Maharashtra, India. He did his schooling from Jamnabai Narsi School, Mumbai. Emraan then enrolled at the “Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics”, Mumbai to pursue his graduation. Imran has a passion for acting since childhood. Initially, Imran acted as a child actor in several TV commercials. He served as an assistant director in the film “Raj” before making his debut in Bollywood.
Emraan Hashmi was born into a Muslim family. He belongs to the Shia sect of Islam. His father Anwar Hashmi is a businessman and actor. His mother, Mahrah Hashmi, was an actress who died of a fatal cancer in March 2016. Imran also has a brother, Calvin Hashmi. Imran is the nephew of film director and producer Mahesh Bhatt. Imran Khan is the cousin of film actress Pooja Bhatt, Alia Bhatt, Rahul Bhatt and Shaheen Bhatt.
Imran dated Parveen Shahani for six years before marrying in a private ceremony on 14 December 2006. With whom they have a son Ayan Hashmi, who was born in 2010.
Emraan made his acting debut with Vikram Bhatt’s film “Pavement”. Though the film did not do much at the box office, its performance was well-received by critics. Subsequently, he acted in the film “Murder”, which proved to be a turning point in his career. His “Murder” film was a super hit at the box office. After working in the film Murder, Imran played the lead roles in the films Zahara (2005), Aashiq Bana Aapne (2005), and Gangster (2006).
In the year 2008, he played the role of Arjun Dixit in the film “Jannat”. Subsequently, he wrote Raz: The Mystery Continues (2009), Once Upon a Time in Mumbai (2010), The Dirty Picture (2011), Murder 2 (2011), Dil To Bachcha Hai Ji (2011), Jannat 2 (2012) , Best acted in films like Raj 3 (2012), and Ek Thi Dion (2013).
In 2012, he was seen in a completely different style in the film Shanghai, where he plays an adult filmmaker. His performance in the film was highly praised by critics. In the year 2016, Imran starred in the film titled “Azhar”. Which was based on the life of the famous Indian cricketer “Mohammad Azharuddin”. The same year, he also starred in the horror film, “Raaz Reboot”.
He described Aishwarya Rai as “plastic,” Aamir Khan “boring” and Imran Khan “overrated” on the set of “Coffee with Karan”. Due to which Imran had to face severe criticism.
Some Known Facts About Emraan Hashmi
- Imran’s father belongs to the Muslim and mother to the Christian community.
- Imran Khan occasionally consumes alcohol.
- Emraan Hashmi was to begin his Bollywood career with Ameesha Patel in the film “Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar” (2001), but for some reason, this could not happen, as the producers felt that he was not fit for the role.
- Emraan changed his screen name to Farhan Hashmi after the release of his first film. However, he kept Emraan Hashmi back after the release of the film Murder.
- Her grandfather, Shaukat Hashmi, moved to Pakistan after the Indo-Pak partition, while her grandmother Mehrbano Mohammed Ali alias Purnima who was an actress returned to India.
- His favorite food is sushi.
- Popular actresses Sridevi and Katrina Kaif are her favorite actresses.
- He loves playing video games, collecting watches, and photography.
- Currently, Emraan Hashmi’s film titled Chit India is coming.