Vivian Fernandes is a well-known Indian rapper. His surname is Divine. In 2013, he became very famous in Mumbai with the song “Yeh Mera Bombay”. So friends, today we will get to know some interesting facts about Vivian Fernandes’s real life.
|Real Name/Full Name||Vivian Fernandes|
|Famous For||Being portrayed by Ranveer Singh in the film 'Gully Boy'|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Singles: "Yeh Mera Bombay" (2013)
Bollywood Singer: "Paintra" in the film 'Mukkabaaz' (2017)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||. His song "Yeh Mera Bombay" received the best video of the year award by Rolling Stone India
. Outlook Social Media Award - Musician Of The Year
|Date of Birth||2 October 1990|
|Age (as in 2020)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. John the Evangelist High School, Marol Andheri, Mumbai|
|College/University||R.D. National College, Mumbai|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Anthony Fernandes (Elder)
Sister- Not Known
Vivian Fernandes was born on 2 October 1990 in Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He was raised in J. Andheri, Mumbai. B. Was in the city of chawl. Divine received her primary education from St. John the Evangelist High School, Marol Andheri, Mumbai. They have a Bachelor’s degree from National College, Mumbai. He was fond of singing since childhood. He started writing rap songs when he was in the 11th grade. Inspired by the well-known rappers, Eminem, Vivian began his singing career with English rap, but Vivian later started Hindi rap songs. He practiced rap by attending Marol’s church. After this, he named his name “Divine”.
Vivian was born into a Christian family. When Vivian was a child, her father left her mother and her. After which his mother went to Qatar in Arabia to earn money to run a house and left both her children to her grandmother. Vivian has an older brother named Anthony Fernandes, who went to Qatar to help his mother.
Since childhood, Vivian’s friend gave him a CD of Eminem’s songs. Due to which he started writing songs for rapping after listening to Eminem’s songs. In her early days, Vivian took 5 hours to write a song. He began his career as a singer. He shot his first song “Coming For You” with his Nokia N8 mobile. In his college days, he was a member of Mumbai’s finest hip hop group. In the year 2013, he is known for his single track “Yeh Mera Bombay”. In the year 2013, his rap song “Junglee Sher” was released by Sony Music India. Which was shot at around 40 locations in Mumbai.
In the year 2017, Divine teamed up with famous female rapper Raja Kumari to sing an old school hip hop vibe, also known for “City Slums”.
He sang the dodgy song in the Bollywood film Mukkabaaz along with her fellow singer Nukleya.
Some Known Facts About Vivian Fernandes
- He was awarded The Best Video of the Year Award for the song “Rolling Stone India”, “Ye Mera Bombay 2014”.
- She was honored with the Outlook Social Media Award as Best Singer of the Year 2018.
- He formed a music group of his own in Mumbai, named “Gali Gang”.
- He is a non-vegetarian.
- She is the first Indian singer whose song was launched worldwide by Apple Music.
- He loves the gym and travel.
- Devine loves tattooing. Due to which he has got tattoos printed on his arm.
- He is also a dog lover, due to which he has Pitbull Breed’s dog.
- The film was heavily inspired by the life of director Zoya Akhtar Devine, due to which she saw her concert at the “Blue Frog Club” in Mumbai and decided to make a film on her life.
- The 2019 Bollywood film “Gully Boy” is based on the life of rapper Divine and Nazi. In which Ranveer Kapoor is playing the role of Divine.