Sonu Nigam started singing since he was four. He first sang Mohammad Rafi’s song ‘Kya Hua Tera Vaada’ with his father on one stage. After that Sonu started singing with his father at weddings and parties. As Sonu Nigam grew older, he started participating in music competitions. At the age of 11, he moved to Mumbai with his father to pursue a career in singing. Where he was educated by the classical singer Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
|Real Name/Full Name||Sonu Nigam|
|Profession||Singer, Music Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Singing: Bewafa Sanam (1995, Bollywood)
Album: Rafi Ki Yaadein Vol 10-20 (1993)
Music Direction: Sooper Se Ooper (2013)
Film Actor: Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani (2002)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||. Best Male Playback Singer, for the song "Kal Ho Naa Ho", from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003); at the 51st National Film Awards
. Best Male Playback Singer, for the song "Kal Ho Naa Ho", from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)
. Haryana Gaurav Samman by the Haryana Government
|Date of Birth||30 July 1973|
|Age (as in 2020)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|School||J.D. Tyler School, Delhi|
|College/University||University of Delhi, New Delhi|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 Febuary 2002|
Daughter: Not Known
|Parents||Father- Agam Kumar Nigam (Singer)
Mother- Shobha Nigam
|Siblings||Brother- Not known
Sister- Meenal and Neekita (Younger)
He struggled a lot early in his career. After this, he was given a chance by T-Series founder Gulshan Kumar. As a playback singer, he began his career. After that, he started making radio commercials and acting in it. In the year 1995, he served as a host in the popular TV show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa”. Subsequently, Sonu sang the song ‘Achha Sila Diya’ in the film “Bewafa Sanam”. He also sang the song ‘Sandesh Aate Hai’ composed by Anu Malik in the film Border, which was a super hit song. In 1999, his album “Deewana” was released by the T series, which was composed by Sajid Wajid. Sonu has sung songs in many Hindi films. He has sung various genres of music like – romantic, rock, sad, patriotic songs.
Some Known Facts About Sonu Nigam
- When Sonu was three, he started his music career, singing his first song “Kya Hua Tera Vaada”.
- In 1991, he moved to Mumbai from Faridabad. Where he released an album of songs by Mohammed Rafi.
- He is a great fan of Mohammed Rafi.
- He enjoys mixing singers and Bollywood actors, due to which he has been seen mimicking in various programs.
- They charge 5 to 7 lakhs per song.
- He loves to gym and read books.
- Sonu Nigam made her debut as a singer in the Bollywood film Sanam Bewafa.
- Sonu Nigam made her debut with the album “Super Se Bhi Up” as music director.
- He started his acting career with the film Jani Dushman Ek Anokhi Kahani.
Sonu Nigam Photos